ENVOY2 is an autonomous terrestrial exploration rover entirely designed and fabricated at the GRASP Lab. Our rover will be equipped with a rich sensor suite, designed to perform localization, mapping, and object recognition tasks with human supervision.
- Robotic Arm Equipped w/Claw
- 4G enabled; Will receive commands from the other side of the country
- Does not need GPS to navigate; will use Lidar and advanced vision algorithms to map and localize
- Ruggedized for outdoor terrain
- Uses open-sourced software
- Cheap and made from off-the-shelf components
Current Status: We are adapting our previous model the ENVOY1, which competed in the 2011 NASA RASC-AL Exploration Robo-ops competition. We have most of our hardware completed, and are developing and integrating our autonomous systems.
Keep posted. ENVOY2 is coming soon!